Eat for Energy! Healthy Eating Blog
Searching for more energy for you and your kids?! It’s time to start getting them back on track for school – and to be their best that are going to need to feel their best! Try to incorporate these 5 foods in their (and your) diet.
- Bananas: This fruit is high in vitamin B6, which our bodies need to keep our nervous systems working properly, and to help our blood deliver oxygen to tissues. Slice and serve one over cereal, or wrap it in a tortilla with almond butter for a tasty energizing snack.
- Quinoa: As well as being packed with complex carbohydrates, this superfood is a complete protein, containing all nine essential amino acids (which our bodies can’t make on their own). It’s low on the glycemic index which means it provides a stream of energy vs a quick rush.
- Lentils: All beans are great for energy but this often-neglected member of the legume family is high in protein, folate, and fiber —plus it is loaded with complex carbs, so you won’t crash an hour after eating. Serve it up as a side dish or add it to salads, soups and stews.
- Almonds Saturated fats (such as those in butter and cheese) can make you lethargic, but the healthy monounsaturated fat found in nuts and seeds provides essential fatty acids that help produce a more energized and alert mental state.
- Oranges Citrus fruits, such as oranges, are loaded with Vitamin C. This is needed to replenish adrenaline stored in the adrenal glands.
Loni Markman is not your typical Nutrition Consultant! Loni has been working in the field of wellness for almost a decade, helping clients find nourishment and balance in their everyday lives. She focuses on pre and post natal nutrition, weight management and general women’s health. She has a true passion for educating and inspiring others on their journey to better heath.
Loni holds a Masters Degree in Health, a Bachelors in Business, a Certification as a Holistic Health Counselor from the Institute of Integrative Nutrition, a Certification in the Psychology of Eating with Marc David, she holds a Certification from Power Pilates and has extensive studies in Emotional Freedom Technique. All of which she infuses into her integrative coaching with clients. You can learn more about Loni on her websites – www.elementsoffit.com and www.positivebodyprogram.com.
Like the Review? Buy the Product!